- Encino, CA, USA
- Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Paid Time Off
LoanMart is in search of a Compliance Specialist to join it's growing Compliance Team!
LoanMart - History and Mission
LoanMart is a private equity backed company with leading sponsors, which recently brought in new executive management from major banks. We are 15-years strong in our industry and we continue to evolve and expand into a progressive, technology-centric powerhouse in the industry. Our recent acquisition of $100 million credit facility from Victory Park will support our newest expansion into the personal unsecured credit market (this is where YOU come in).
About the Position
As a Compliance Specialist with LoanMart you will be responsible for supporting the Compliance Department in addition to primarily interacting with every internal department to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. The Compliance Specialist is responsible, along with the Compliance Department team, for administering all aspects of the Compliance Program. This position assists with planning, organizing, and controlling the department's day-to-day administrative, lending and operational activities in relation to compliance. The individual also participates in various audits and examinations. Assures compliance with all company related policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal lending and other applicable regulations. Responsibilities will include:
- Tracking compliance laws and regulations that affect the company's policies and procedures and recommending changes as necessary.
- Managing the progression of properly identifying, documenting and possible improvement of current processes.
- Performing monthly and spot audits of internal department processes.
- Performing compliance/regulatory related research as requested by management.
- Handling escalated customer/partner/subordinate complaints.
- Assisting in developing and conducting compliance instructor-led training, as needed.
- Promptly communicating potential risk situations to the department manager.
- Provide support to various departments by providing compliance updates and assisting in regulatory compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will Bring
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university; or related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced PC skills; ability to work with multiple platforms.
- Extensive CFL, FDCPA, FCRA, and ECOA knowledge and application of its rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations and make them easy to understand.
LoanMart on the Inside
Our culture and pay-for-performance compensation plan come together to reward, gratify and fulfill the diverse group we employ. In addition to monetary compensation, we reward top/consistent performers with travel opportunities, concert/amusement park/music venues, time off, and more. All employees enjoy a work environment that is informal, entrepreneurial, fun, exciting, and active. We keep things buzzing with contests, games, acts of appreciation, and social gatherings. We offer very affordable, top-shelf medical/dental/vision plans, as well as a variety of supplemental benefits to fit your individual needs.
We do not tie up good ideas in a bureaucratic maze- good ideas come from everywhere and we want our employees to speak up and be recognized. Career advancement is a matter of turning an idea into an objective. If you're driven and meet the qualifications above, we want to hear from you.